Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Spreading the word
Big milestone of today: I told my team at work. I had told my team lead (read: boss) a while ago but still kept a pretty tight wrap on things. However I knew that I was running out of baggy sweaters and couldn't hide things for too much longer so I decided this week I would make it official at work. During our team meeting today in the time set aside for updates I just blurted it out. My team (all males, 25-35ish) were stunned at first, but once they picked their jaws off the floor were all very nice about congratulating me. I've got a call with HR set up for later in the week. It's so nice to not have to keep things a secret anymore! We've got a couple more people we want to make sure we tell directly, but I know Alex is itching to make a facebook posting so we'll probably get there soon :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment