I'm sure other parent can relate to those moments when you are just SO proud of your kid. Tonight after dinner was one of those times.
C has started to get really into addition, as long as we're adding things that are small enough that she can count it out using fingers. However at dinner tonight she kept asking about 100 plus 1000, and we didn't have enough fingers to count that one out. So after dinner we broke out the pen and paper:
Nothing like a little introduction to base 10 for after dinner conversation... The whole multiple digit thing didn't totally stick, but she did really like the idea of writing down and adding up numbers.
I may not be able to teach her how to spell, but this number stuff I can do :o)


Can't tell you how big a smile this put on my face.
ReplyDelete