What is pond skimming you ask? Well a ton of people gather
and they set up a track with a pond at the end
and people do this
in crazy costumes
yes that is a man with a matching gold speedo and scuba hat wearing ski boots. For the record, he didn't make it across the pond. The costumes were all over the board, but I think my favorite was the ski patrol folks on the side of the pond with the full ski patrol outfits on, plus an inflatable animal inner tube.
As icing on the cake, the weather was AWESOME.
After watching for a bit we decided to head back to the lodge to grab some lunch. M had fun watching the skiers coming in..
... and c and I had fun just having fun :o)
P.S. I also had no less than 5 conversations about the Wisconsin game last night with random strangers who saw my sweatshirt and shouted "go badgers". Turns out we weren't the only folks with Madison roots on the hill today.







No comments:
Post a Comment