Friday, November 18, 2011

Looking ahead

Dear Charlotte,

Today we went into Pooh Bear and met Miss Nancy, who will be your teacher when I go back to work.

It seems impossible that you're old enough to go to daycare. It feels like we're just getting to know each other and it tears at my heart that we're going to have to spend most of our days apart. I know that Miss Nancy will take great care of you. She's been working in the infant room at Pooh Bear for 10 years, and actually reminds me a lot of Grammy. I know that you're going to learn things in daycare that I wouldn't be able to teach you, and that while the first year is rough your immune system will eventually thank us for the exposure. I know that going back to work is the right thing for me to do for our family, but baby girl I am going to miss you SO much. I am going to miss our morning singing and our late morning cuddles before naps. I am going to miss mom and baby yoga and our afternoon adventures. I am going to miss being the person who gets to spend more time with you then anyone else in the word.

As hard as the visit was, I am glad that we did it today. It served as a great reminder for me to cherish every moment I have left of maternity leave.

I love you Charlotte.

~Mom

Charlotte is 8 weeks, 3 days old today.

No comments:

Post a Comment