Friday, July 18, 2014

Finding systems

I am all about finding more efficient ways to do things. Let me tell you, bringing m home has only made that drive stronger. The trouble is that since the kids keep changing the rules about when things happen (like waking up), it's been a bit of a challenge getting into a groove.  When Alex was out of town I started getting up before either of the girls in order to pump, get dressed, and have a couple of minutes by myself before morning chaos. It actually worked really well so I tried the same thing yesterday and of course c wakes up and comes on in while I was pumping and Alex was in the shower. Luckily I had a sweatshirt on, but I was still faced with many a question :o) Today I managed not only to get up and pump, but I also "ran" before anyone else was up. Using quotes there since it was more intervals than straight running, but still it felt awesome to get out without a stroller and move at exactly the pace I wanted to go.

The run put the rest of the morning back a bit, so we ended up having some extra time while Alex finished getting ready. We put it to the best use possible - sister bonding :o)



1 comment: