Friday, December 26, 2014

Skiing, part 2

So the fun on skis continued.  Tuesday while Alex and I skied Deer Valley, Caroline and Jean took c back to the driveway.


The practice seemed to have paid off, because when Alex and I joined the skiing fun Wednesday morning, c could do this:
Yes. Look close. You are seeing what you think you're seeing - that is c JUMPING on skis. Because, why not?

Having clearly mastered the driveway skiing, we proceeded to cross the street to the snowmobile path that was groomed and had a hill. Alex took her to the top:

then let go!
luckily I was at the bottom to both offer guidance of proper leaning technique, and to catch her :o)
And after every catch the first word out of her mouth was "AGAIN!"

C's a huge fan, and remarkably stable on skis. Tentative plan is to bring her to the actual mountain before heading back to Madison. We'll see how it goes!




No comments:

Post a Comment