C got a Spiderman poster for Christmas. A great present since she continues to be obsessed with all things Spiderman, and she was thrilled when she opened it.
And then we came home, and it went into her closet. She'd ask from time to time, and I'd have some sort of excuse about why we weren't hanging it up.
And then I finally figured out why I was resisting.
See this is what her wall looked like:
A sweet print that the Pytels got for her when she was born that's a Whinnie the Pooh quote. The same print that's been up on her wall through every room she's ever lived in. A quote that talks about inner strength, but in an innocent way. It's a print that I love, and one little thing that I was clinging to as a constant when we're going through SO much change.
However, poor c shouldn't have to be stuck in nursery mode if she's ready to move on. So we made a compromise. Interior decorating rules be damned, the wall now has both :o)


No comments:
Post a Comment