Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Ordinary morning

I was telling a coworker about my ordinary day posts, and realized I haven't done one in a long time. The concept: rather than focusing on the big or exciting, write about the everyday awesome so you remember it down the road.

Today's doesn't cover the whole day, but we've fallen into a pattern in the morning that has a lot of pieces in it that makes me smile.

~5:30 - m wakes up and wakes us up with cooing over the monitor. I get up, do my back exercises in the nursery while smiling at m, and max supervisor from the futon. M nurses and I wake up.

~6:00 - head down stairs, share breakfast with m. Everything she gets to try is the best thing ever, even though most mornings it's a banana or piece of my toast. Alex gets up and joins us downstairs for coffee.

~6:30 - back upstairs so I can get dressed. M camps out on our bed and plays, and is generally super happy and super distracting for me when I should be getting my rear in gear.


~7:00 - c hears the playing and comes into our room to join on the fun. But not really:
She'll usually come in and lay back down for a good 5 minutes before she wakes up enough to want to play with m. It's pretty funny to watch


From there chaos ensues to try to get c ready and all of us out the door before 7:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment